When it comes to windscreen repair, windscreen replacement and windscreen fitment, Shatterprufe®, from PG Glass is the product that you can trust. Shatterprufe® windscreens are more than just laminated glass protection. All windscreens are shatterproof by nature, but only Shatterprufe® is the industry-defining, internationally recognised brand that offers a guarantee of excellence. Be aware, not all shatterproof windscreen products are the same. Danger Is Out There – Keep It That Way.
Prufe of Laminated Glass Protection Quality
Shatterprufe® windscreens use a vinyl interlayer placed between outer layers of safety glass. Our laminated glass products are constructed to hold together in accident situations and prevent debris and dangerous shards of glass penetrating your car’s interior. This glass protection ensures security and safety in any kind of impact. This attention to detail and your safety is one of the reasons why we have become the nationally acclaimed supplier of high quality auto glass.
What makes Shatterprufe® more than simply shatterproof?
Shatterprufe® windscreens are manufactured according to OE (Original Equipment) specification and are required to meet stringent safety and quality checks. The drop-ball test is used by the SABS to verify if windscreens conform to this standard:
- Glass Thickness – Original equipment manufacturers (OEM) require glass thickness to conform to a 1000th of a millimetre. The windscreen must fit correctly in the aperture. Too thick or too thin will result in a poor fitting windscreen which, in turn, will compromise your vehicle’s strength and integrity.
- Size and Shape – Shatterprufe® fits perfectly, offers the correct adhesion and provides optimal support when airbags are deployed.
- Cross Curvature – If the cross curvature is not uniform, it may result in the windscreen wipers not working effectively and could create an unsafe situation. Horizontal draw lines result in distortion, but Shatterprufe’s® vertical draw lines ensure clear vision.
- Shade Band Position – Shatterprufe® windscreens offer a consistent shade band that protects the occupants from the sun’s glare.
- Edge Stress – A vehicle is designed to flex up to 30%, putting immense strain on the windscreen as a result. Shatterprufe® glass is able to absorb the stress without cracking and saves you unnecessary windscreen replacement costs.
- Material Performance – Shatterprufe® laminated glass products maintain optimum standards, which provide on-going safety and clarity.
- Moulding Marks – Quality control eliminates unsightly marks caused by tooling to ensure that potential weak spots are eliminated.
Use an expert PG Glass technician who cares about your safety, find a fitter who installs Shatterprufe® replacement windscreens.
To view the PG Glass Quality Promise, click here.